Monday, September 14, 2009

Wireless 'N' no longer draft

So, it's official. The wireless-n standard has finally been approved after six years in draft status. I for one and glad because I've been a little skeptical to push my customers too it, even though products have been available for the entire six years. Now we can rest easy in purchasing products with this more secure high-throughput bandwidth standard and get better range than ever before. Will the prices on 802.11n routers and adapters now come down? Hopefully so, as it has been another one of the deterents to me making the recommendation. Why put more money out for something that may or may not be approved? I was advising my customers that by waiting they might avoid a BETA/VHS or BLU-RAY/HD-DVD fiasco with this networking standard. For more on the story, check out the official press release here:

No comments: